Thursday, July 29, 2010

Admire Her!

"The two women exchanged the kind of glance women use when no knife is handy."  ~Ellery Queen
I truly don't understand why women are hateful to one another. It's like everyday is a big competition; who has the better clothes, better hair, who's smarter, skinnier, etc. It's very sad. What's even more upsetting is that it's not just the young and dumb girls who are hateful, it's ADULT WOMEN! Women who should know better than to act in such a way. 

Women, in general, talk about how men make us insecure because they judge us solely on how we look and not for the person we are on the inside. This almost makes me laugh. Why? Because women judge each other more than men do! When men judge women, they are just being shallow. They have some kind of fantasy of the girl they want to be with. When it comes to women, they are just down right trying to be mean and hurtful. For no other reason than they are 1) jealous 2) insecure and 3) childish.

I work at a mall and you won't believe how many dirty looks I get from females daily over nothing! I've even heard a group of girls debating over whether or not my hair is real right behind me like I couldn't hear them! They were just waiting for me to say something smart so they could jump on me! (By the way, YES my hair is very real, I just take very good care of it.) If I'm feeling insecure about myself I am most certainly not going to let the person who is making feel that way know it! By them being rude and obnoxious only lets me know that I have something they want. When you get to be a certain age you realize that there is way too much going on in the world to be focused on petty things.

I may not always be 100% comfortable with who I am, BUT that doesn't mean that I'm going to be mean and make someone else feel bad about themselves. I have no problem whatsoever telling another female that her hair is nice or that I like her shoes etc. If women admired each other more there would be so much more peace! People are so scared of being nice to one another! Why? I shouldn't feel like a jerk because I gave YOU a compliment! If someone compliments you, be thankful, be nice! On the other end, if you see a girl who has great hair, killer shoes, or a handbag to die for...TELL HER...ADMIRE HER!! STOP being mean! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment